Saturday, September 24, 2011

Butterfly Project - Finally!

This summer the kids and I started a project that I found here via Pinterest.  I re-purposed some thin art canvas that Nalani got in a painting set, primered over the pre-printed picture and then spraypainted them a nice aqua shade that I already had on hand.  I pretty much followed the instructions from the link other than we did 4 small canvases instead of one big one. And we didn't have fancy watercolors, just the Crayola set with 8 colors and I used hot glue not glue dots.  We have had the project done for quite sometime, it just took me forever to get it hung in Nalani's room.  And now that they are hung I think I better do 2 two more - it looks kind of small on her wall (the completed size is about 16"x20").



I took down a name sign that I had made for her when she was born, I didn't take a picture before I ripped it apart but I know I have one somewhere just not going to look for it now to post.  I cleaned 7 years of dust off of the letters and then hung her name on the side of her loft bed.  Hopefully the mega-Glue Dots I used will hold!

I can now at least say that I got something done this weekend - hung the butterfly project AND blogged about it!

4 comments:

  1. the butterfly project is beautiful! So colorful and fun for her room, great job Heather!! Now you can go lay on the sofa...right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it! You need to create your own line of home decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. turned out pretty! The butterflies are all fluttery :) Looks better on the wall than your kitchen table! ;^)

    ReplyDelete