Monday, July 9, 2012

Now Maybe I Can Enjoy Summer...

My final season on the Windsor Baseball Board of Directors is officially over!!  I still need to clean out the snack shack, find a home for a lot of left over candy and put some stuff in storage but more or less, it is over! The 12U Nor-Cal State Tournament went well.  I am exhausted but it went well.  The boys won 2 and lost 2 and were out of the tourney on Monday.  They played well, and the game that knocked us out of the tourney was tied 6-6 in the bottom of the 6th (the last inning) and a silly play by our pitcher ended their season.  It was a heart-breaker.
The kids have 5 1/2 weeks left of summer vacation.  I asked them today what they want to do to make it a good summer.  Here's what's on the list so far:
- The beach
- Camping
- The Sonoma County Fair
- sleepovers
I can probably handle those things.  I want to try to go hiking one day a week for the rest of the summer.  Of course that will mean everyone in the house will need to get up before noon so we shall see....
I hope we're able to get some fun into the summer. 
But of course Jaren starts practice for his new baseball team on Wednesday..................

No comments:

Post a Comment