Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July!


I made these little fruit tart cookies today for our BBQ we are having tonight.  I found the recipe via a link on Pinterest but I didn't really make it the same as they said to.  My sugar cookie is just a Betty Crocker mix in a pouch that you add an egg and butter to; you could also use Pillsbury ready made refrigerated dough or actually make the sugar cookies from scratch.  I didn't roll them out, I just dropped them by the tablespoon on the cookiesheet.  The frosting is an 8oz package of cream cheese and a 7oz jar of marshmallow creme.  It said to cream until smooth, I had to resort to using my electric hand mixer because smooth wasn't happening.  And then top with whatever fruit you would like.  I used strawberries and blueberries today because they are red & blue for the 4th.  I did sneak one when the kids weren't looking and they are YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Those look yummy and that frosting sounds good. I will have to try it. I have the marshmallow creme, but not the cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see someone actually making something from Pinterest. I pin and pin and never follow through!

    ReplyDelete