Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Ten....kind of

I don't think there will be 10 here and I don't really think they are funny one bit but it is all I've got for you today!

There are 22 days until school starts.  I have mixed emotions about the kids going back to school. 

1) I am not ready for the morning wake-up fights and the getting homework done fights

2) I will be glad for the being together just about 24/7 fights to end.

3) There are still a lot of things that we wanted to do this summer that we haven't done yet.  Hell, we haven't even made our "What We Want To Do This Summer" list!
            1) Spend a few days at my aunts and swim and hang out - not happening
            2) Go to the Jelly Belly Factory - may still happen
            3) The kids are supposed to spend a week at my parents - still hoping for that one!
            4) I also wanted to spend a few days at my parents and my grandma's house, she's 90 you know and I should probably spend some time with her - I may get a day or two in there when I drop-off/pick-up the kids, if they go
            5) Go the beach - maybe with my mom
            6) Hiking at Armstrong Woods - may still happen
            7) Camping - might actually happen this week!
            8) I planned to do the eliptical machine at least 5 days a week - I think I got on it twice. 
            9) I was going to have my 2010 Project 365 completely journaled - haven't written a thing.
            10) Not let the kids watch TV.......ummmm yeah, right.
So we may still do some of these things in the next 22 days but that will make it a very busy 22 days AND soccer practice will start somewhere in there too.

4) Looking forward to a little time to myself when the kids go to school, but then of course I will start volunteering in the class, planning parties and finding a million things to do for other people.

5) I really don't want to spend money that I don't have on school clothes that they don't really need.  I asked Jaren if we was going to spend the money he made at the yard sale on school clothes.  He told me that he doesn't really need any if he has to pay for it!  But of course if I am paying for it he will find plenty that he "needs"!

I think I have about tapped out this subject and like I said there is no humor in it!  But for now August 18th with have a big red circle on our calendar and I will let you know if it is a good or bad thing!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you can come over and swim at my house one day! Hope you can get one or two things accomplished! And BTS for Henry was easy, 9 new T's on target clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like school starting in August around here! Barely feels like a summer break! The 18th is Dayna's bday, fortunately for her the jc starts the next Monday, but still....

    ReplyDelete