Friday, July 1, 2011

A Really Big Score at the Thrift Store!

I stopped by my local Salvation Army store today.  Now I should explain that my local store is more than a store.  It is spread over acres; 5 different buldings as well as a "yard sale" section, it is located at an adult recovery center that is operated by the Salvation Army.  I find my deals in the "yard sale" section - it is just bins and bins of random crap on tables under tents.  Some is good and some is not (like 1997 Hawaiian vacation VHS tapes).  The stuff isn't priced, you just collect up stuff and then an attendant writes up a tag for whatever they are feeling like charging you.  Last time the lady wanted to give me a deal, a bunch of stuff for $1.  Well, today they paid me to shop!

For $4 I got a big empty wooden picture frame (probably 16"x20"), some more Mason jars, Monopoly Jr (with all of the parts & pieces!), a brand new Yankee candle, a little box of notecards AND a State Commemorative Quarter binder WITH the quarters in it!  There is $12.75 worth of quarters in it!!  So they paid me $8.75 to buy that stuff!  Why wouldn't you take the money out before donating it??  Sure the collection might not be worth anything but I guarantee they are worth 25 cents each!!  So I think this trip beats my last one!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a deal! Next time you shop, look for a metal framed day bed for me? I don't need the mattresses, just the frame. I bet you could find one for me for about $5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Talk about score!! I think I need to check out your thrift store. Is it in Windsor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is at the north end of Healdsburg at the Lytton Springs exit, I drive by it on my way to/from work and it calls my name. Berta - do you need the springy mattress support part or just the 3 sides?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, just the three sides would work. Do you know where I can get one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berta -
    I haven't seen one but I haven't been looking for one. Now I will keep my eyes open next time. If it is missing the support thing I can fit it in my car if I happen to score you a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a fun place to dig through. The whole state quarter collection! We've had them going here for years and I think we still are a few states short, guess I need to check Sal. Army!! LOL

    ReplyDelete