Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Salvation Army Shopping Trip

So today I stopped by the Lytton Springs Salvation Army on my way home from work. I do this every once in awhile to see if they have anything that I could re-purpose or craft into something cute.

Today I scored all of this:
There is a wooden frame/tray thing, 5 canning jars, a square vase, 8 styrofoam eggs and a small embroidery hoop.  I scored it all for.............ONE DOLLAR!!  That made digging through all of their yard sale bins in the heat so worth it!  I think the lady that wrote my tag up was smoking something, well actually I am sure she was.  The cashier lady also thought she was nuts to give it to me for so cheap! 

I like to use the canning jars for flower arrangements, pretty them up with a little ribbon and they make a cute little gift.  No idea what I am going to do with the styrofoam eggs, but I am sure I will think of something or maybe I will give them to Berta she could probably craft up something really cute with them.  I know you will now expect me to make something fab with the wooden frame/tray thing.  Maybe some day I will, but don't hold your breath.  I plan to do this with the embroidery hoop once I collect up enough.  And all of that for $1!

And of course my trip to the Salvation Army provided me with quite a bit of material for my Tuesday Ten, which I will get to pretty soon!

3 comments:

  1. Heather, quite a haul for a buck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you got all that for a buck! Especially that tray! I also want to do that hoop project. I'm looking forward to your Tuesday Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a buck? Wow, I think I need to check out my nearest Salvation Army!

    ReplyDelete