Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Tuesday Ten

1. I made this last night:

Rotisserie Chicken In The Crockpot

--1 whole chicken, skinned (4-5 pounds) *Mine was over 6 lbs and I don't recommend skinning the bird in front of your children while they are eating breakfast, at least they don't recommend it!--2 tsp kosher salt (if you'd like it as salty as the ones in the store, add another 1 tsp.)
--1 tsp paprika
--1 tsp onion powder
--1/2 tsp dried thyme
--1 tsp Italian seasoning
--1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
--1/2 tsp black pepper
--pinch of chili pepper (probably not necessary)

--4 whole garlic cloves (optional)
--1 yellow onion, quartered (optional)

The Directions.

In a bowl, combine all of dried spices. Rub the spice mixture all over the bird, inside and out. Plop the bird breast-side down into the crockpot. *I like how the recipe says to plop the bird in, I like the word plop.
If desired, shove 4 whole garlic cloves and a quartered onion inside the bird.

Do not add water.

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8. The meat is done when it is fully cooked and has reached desired tenderness. The longer you cook it, the more tender the meat.

I cooked mine for 8 hours on low, it pretty much fell apart in the crockpot, probably shouldn't have cooked it so long; my crockpot seems to run a little "hot" and cooks things way faster than recipes say - the chicken was a little dry. I found the recipe here.

2. I read this last week:


It was good. Nothing earth shattering or very thought provoking but it was a nice story. I say read it.

3. I want my blog to be like this. I have been reading her blog for a year or two and I just like her.

4. We did this yesterday:



We finally busted out the Easy Bake oven that Nalani got for Christmas. We tried to do it a few months ago but we ran into a problem - it does not come with the 100 Watt bulb that is required. It isn't easy to find regular 100 Watt lightbulbs these days! Yesterday it took us 39 minutes to bake 8 bites of cake. 8 bites of nasty cake with nasty frosting. 15 minutes to warm up the bulb and 12 minutes per cake to bake, we made a yellow cake and a devils food cake. We are going to try the pretzels next, I am sure they will be delicious.

5. There was still swim lessons today, even though it was raining. It smelled like poop at the pool.

6. This is what I had for lunch today:



Yep, that's a large Coke and large fries from McDonald's. Shouldn't have had it but I did, and I liked it.

7. I got my haircut today. Walked right in and sat right down at Great Clips. I always go there, but always get a different person. Today I had a new girl. I have had my hair short for some time, I came in with it short and left with it shorter but she still found it necessary to tell me that I would have little hairs all over me when she was done. Ummm....I know this, it happens everytime!? I think I like it. I will do a big reveal when my new glasses come in!

8. The kids and I rented this today:



I don't know if we will watch it tonight or tomorrow morning. Just some time before 9pm tomorrow when the movie box will charge me another $1. Big spender.

9. I am trying to get ready for a yard sale that will occur in 18 days. I currently have all of the contents of my craft room piled on the floor as I purge and sort. Last night I spent a few hours sitting in the middle of it wondering where to start. Then I went to bed.

10. I am working on my second year of doing a picture a day with Becky's Project Life. We are pretty much at the halfway point of 2011 and I haven't been doing the best at taking my picture a day. I am now recommitting to following through with it. I will even try to post my picture every day or maybe Seven on Sunday or something. You have my word, all 7 of you.

2 comments:

  1. I always love reading your 10 for Tuesday posts. There's just something very entertaining about reading about your week :) I wish you luck with the Easy Bake pretzel! And I still need to finish the journaling in my Project Life from 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This years POTD petered out about Mar 15th :( And I even bought the kit! Maybe next year!
    Henry's EZ bake oven lasted about 3 cakes. Nasty stuff. Just make a reg cake and let Nalani bake some of the batter from that! And I am so not ready for the yard sale either!

    ReplyDelete